- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sifted Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks), at room temperature, cut into tablespoon-sized piece
- 1 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon Raspberry Eau-de-Vie (raspberry liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 3 ounce Bissinger's 75% Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 7 ounce Bissinger's 75% Dark Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Raspberry Eau-de-Vie (raspberry liqueur)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
(Adapted from a Baker's Field Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies, Harvard Common Press)
Makes 32 bars
Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with non-stick spray.
Sift flour, cocoa and salt together into a small bowl to aerate and combine; set aside.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and brown sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl once or twice; beat in liqueur and vanilla, then beat in eggs. Add about one-third of flour mixture and mix on low speed. Gradually add remaining flour mixture, mixing just until blended. Batter will be thick. Stir in chocolate and spread into prepared pan. Scatter raspberries evenly over brownies and gently press into top of batter.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until bars are slightly puffed and the edges have begun to come away from the sides of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some moist crumbs clinging. Place pan on rack until cool.
Make frosting: place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Immediately pour over chocolate; allow to sit for a few minutes for heat of cream to melt chocolate, then stir gently until ganache is smooth. Stir in liqueur. Allow to cool at room temperature until thick enough to spread, about the consistency of soft mayonnaise. Spread evenly over brownies using a small offset spatula. Cut into 32 bars (8x4).
May be stored up to 2 days at room temperature in airtight container if unfrosted; eat the same day if frosted.