- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 6 ounce Bissinger's 60% or 75% Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoon Bourbon (for brushing on cake)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 cup Confectioner's Sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a large (10c) bundt pan and dust with 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
Melt chocolate in a microwave oven or in a double boiler. Let cool. Combine water, bourbon and salt.
On high speed, beat butter for 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla extract, baking soda and melted chocolate.
On low speed, beat in 1/3 of the bourbon mixture until liquid is absorbed. Add 1 cup of flour. Repeat- ending with the bourbon mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Transfer cake pan onto wire rack and cool for 15 minutes. Combine 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 tablespoons of bourbon. Unmold cake and brush immediately with mixture. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.