- 12 ounce Scallops, Sea or Bay
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoon Shallots, sliced
- 1 each Fresh Serrano Chili, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- Kosher Salt
- 3 ounce Bissinger's 38% Milk Chocolate
- 1 each Fresh Lime
- 4 tablespoon Toasted Puffed Rice
- Fresh Cilantro, washed and picked
Clean and dry scallops. Toss with some of the curry and salt.
Measure out the remaining ingredients to have ready.
Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet with the grapeseed oil until oil begins to shimmer. Sear the scallops keeping very rare. Remove scallops from pan. Keep pan warm.
To the warm pan add the shallots, ginger and chili. Allow to sweat out, careful not to burn or get too dark. Add curry and allow to become aromatic.
Deglaze pan with water and coconut milk. Season with salt. Turn heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
Whisk in chocolate, add a squeeze of fresh lime and adjust if necessary.
Add scallops back into sauce.
Place scallops on plate and top with puffed rice, additional sliced chili and cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.